7 Top Wine Glass Shelves With Class
Disclosure: Links in this post may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links may benefit this site. Please help support 'I Know The Barman' by using the links provided.
It won’t cost you anything extra.
Still decking out your man-cave or searching for that awesome compliment for your wine accessories! Well we’ve been snooping around, and the barman has given us some great advice on the best wine glass shelves currently trending.
The rustic style has been trending for a number of years now and doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon. Timber and metal are both still acceptable materials and we’ve found both in our list below.
Having a wine shelving rack displayed in your cellar, kitchen or bar will attract lovely complements from all your guests. This is not only beneficial for your soul, these wine glass shelves and racks are extremely practical.
Have a browse through this selection and let us know in the comments below what you think. You can always get more information or purchase a product by clicking on the ‘Check it Out’ button under each image.
#1 - Rustic Pickled Stained Wall Mounted Wine Rack
? 4 Stemmed Glass Under-Hanging Rack
? Made with Poplar Hardwood
? 2 Wine Bottle Shelves
? 2 Shelves for Stemless Glasses or Bottles
? Multiple Stain Choices
? Hanger May Not Accommodate Large Wine Glasses
There’s a small company that executes precision craft-work in wine glass shelves which we’re happy to advocate. This is one of their lovely wine glass shelves with bottle storage that looks amazing. An enticing feature with this unit is the available choice of stains, 36 in-fact! This gives variations of stains in the whites, blues, pink/purples and browns. For a full list of the list of stains, click on the button under this image.
If you can’t decide on a stain with this many to choose from then you’ll struggle to find the perfect tone anywhere.
Here’s what else we like about this featured wine glass shelving unit:
- You’ll have a wine glass hanging rack under the centre shelf that can accompany 4 wine glasses. This is a dedicated place for your stemmed wine glasses, but you can also sit them on a shelf.
- The shelving unit is constructed out of poplar hardwood. This type of timber from the tulip tree and is nearly as soft to work with as pine which allows for great craftsmanship. It’s also built with screws and glue, rather than glue alone, so it’s stronger than many others.
- I really like the 2 wine bottle shelves which come with a lip, so the bottles cannot roll off. Preferably these would store your red wine, your white’s get stored in the wine refrigerator.
- You will also notice the 2 shelves (one with the wine glass rack underneath). These can accommodate extra wine bottles or possibly un-stemmed wine glasses if this is your preference.
Another option you will have is the mesh that can be found displayed on the timber front. There’s 2 choices, Mesh or Elliptical. Each are a traditional pattern which can be better viewed on their sales page (Click ‘Check it Out’).
It’s easily mounted on your wall via the two 30lb. wall hangers which are placed on the rear of the unit. The size of this wine glass shelving unit is 24″(W) x 15″(L) and has a depth of 5.25″.
One thing to make note of, is the allocated room in the hanging wine rack. It will accommodate a wine glass base of 3-inches or less which is a standard wine glass size. Large glasses with a wide base may not fit.
Wine glass shelves and racks in the one unit are not commonplace but are out there, and this is one of the better options.
#2 - Wall Mounted 4 Bottle, 10 Glass Wine Rack with Shelves
? 6 Wine Bottle Shelves
? Accommodates 10 Stemmed Wine Glasses
? 3 x 50lb Wall Hangers
? Poplar Hardwood
? Hanger May Not Accommodate Large Wine Glasses
Although you’ll notice variations in the design, the various options for stain and mesh are the same. The previous wine shelving unit is a little smaller and spontaneous, this unit is more symmetrical and even, with the shelves being directed outward from the center.
You will pay a little more for this wine glass shelving unit as it’s larger in size and comes with more storage space. So, what else makes this different from the above model:
- 6 wine bottle shelves, with lip to stop the bottle from rolling off. This is opposed to 2 wine bottle shelves on the above model. I really like the addition of the extra shelves and with the amount of wine I drink (and my wife!), it’s a winner in our house.
- The central shelves will allow for many more wine glasses to be hung underneath. 10 stemmed wine glasses to be precise, can be hung in the under-shelf rack.
- As these central shelves are longer in size, it allows you to place more items on top of them. Similar to the image shown, stemless wine glasses or ornaments can be arranged here.
- Obviously as the wine glass shelving unit is larger, it’s also slightly heavier. For this reason, you’ll get 3 x 50lb. wall hangers on the rear of the timber piece. This will adequately hold up your new wine glass shelves.
- The size of this unit is 39″(W) x 24 (H) with a shelf depth of 5.25″
Just like the previous model, the timber used to craft this piece of wine furniture is poplar hardwood and is built strongly with screws and glue.
You’ll have more options for the decorative mesh that comes as a background to this unit. These choices are between Chrome, Dark Bronze, Gold, Chrome Clover or Gold Clover. They can all be viewed with the any other specifications and reviews if you click on the ‘Check it Out’ button.
#3 - Wine a Little Laugh a Latte Wine/Coffee Rack
? Made to Order & Custom Made
? 24 Stains to Choose From
? 2 x Wine Glass racks
? 2 x Coffee Cup Hooks
Made from solid wood it has dimensions of 24” (L) x 9.5” (H). I feel that it would suit a country home style house, but that may depend on the stain you choose. You’ll have the option of 24 different stains, which is a huge selection. You could not possibly decide that none of these stains would suit your circumstance.
Let’s go through the stain choices:
- Natural – Golden Oak – Provincial – Red Oak – Puritan Pine – Ipswich Pine – Sedona Red – Colonial Maple – Special Walnut – Red Mahogany – Early American – Gunstock – Red Chestnut – English Chestnut – Cherry – Fruitwood – Golden Pecan – Pickled Oak – Driftwood – Dark Walnut – Ebony – Jacobean – Weathered Oak – Classic Grey. All stain colors are available to view on the sales page by clicking the accompanying image.
- Custom orders are also welcome if you’d like your own lettering to suit your wine rack.
- You’ll find 2 Hooks for your coffee cups along with a double, stemmed wine glass rack.
With so many of the large companies offering items like this but with less durable materials, it’s nice to help out the little guys every now and again who offer a better product. You’ll find the quality and craftsmanship so much better than factory-built replica’s. This is because the craftsman is prouder of his work and has a reputation to uphold.
This company also offers other woodworking gifts which can be found by clicking the ‘Check it Out’ button.
#4 - 8 Wine Glass Rack with Shelves
? 36 Stain Variations
? Accommodates 8 Stemmed & Non-Stemmed Glasses
? 3 x Wine Bottle Shelves
? 3 x Choice’s of mesh
? Made to Order Takes 3-4 weeks Delivery
Although you’ve got just as many finishes to choose from as the other racks, the image shown is stained in Ebony to give you an idea of this tone. Although I like it, my favourite is still the lighter of the 36 variations. In saying that, the darker stains would look great in a man-cave or pool room. When it comes to the stain color, if you have a beach house I’d suggest one of the blue finishes would look amazing in the right environment.
What you’ll get with this unit are described below:
- Accommodation for up to 8 stemmed wine glasses can be housed underneath the shelving. Like the other models though, wine glasses with a base above 3-inches in diameter may not fit in the hanging rack.
- 3 specific shelves for wine bottles with the required lip to prevents rolling.
- You’ll find this unit comes with 2 shelves (with the hanging racks beneath). Each shelf has a nice amount of room for standing wine bottles, stemmed or stemless wine glasses or ornaments.
- The mesh feature on this rack comes in a choice of 3. Those options being Dark Bronze (Shown), Chrome or Gold.
You’ll need to be able to hang this wine glass shelving unit safely, so 2 x 50lb wall hangers are provided on the back for this purpose. As we’ve mentioned before, this small company craft some lovely timber furniture pieces which you can also check out by clicking on the attached image. These wine glass shelves make an interesting feature to any room, especially a nice piece of man cave furniture. I bet you’ll be inundated with compliments!
#5 - Reclaimed Wood Wine Rack with Chalk Board
? Ingenious Rake Design for Hanging Glasses
? Various Timbers Used
? 6 Wine Bottle Storage
? Chalk Board Labelling
? Only Holds 5 Glasses
The unusual vintage salvage rake which acts as the wine glass rack, entertains 5 stemmed glasses which hang from the base of the unit. It’s an ingenious and unique design which has been crafted by the Reclaimed Addict owner. Each design is individually handcrafted from recycled materials used in old barns or unused pallets.
Here’s what you’ll find will impress you with this gem:
- Various timbers have been used in construction of this shelving unit such as Walnut, Maple, Oak, Cherry or similar wood types.
- You’ll find room for up to 6 bottles of wine on the provided shelves. The depth of each shelf is 4” so you’ll only be able to place one wine bottle per position as in the image.
- Here’s a unique aspect of this cool wine storage facility, check out the small chalk boards under each wine bottle placement. This allows you to label each bottle as you see fit, with a larger title at the top.
- You won’t have any problems mounting this unit either. It looks heavier than it actually is, but the mounting system can hold up to 100lbs with the main piece weighing in at 44lbs.
When you receive the item, you’ll find it’s 90% assembled. All you need to do is attached the rake (that holds the wine glasses) with a simple screw which is provided. A pre-drilled hole has also been made for easy assembly of this piece.
I like a company that back up it’s products, and you be provided with a 100% money back guarantee.