3 Best Fitness Watches for Men 2018
Disclosure: Links in this post may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links may benefit this site. Please help support 'I Know The Barman' by using the links provided.
It won’t cost you anything extra.
They’ve been popular since the late 2000’s for both sexes, but where can you get the best fitness watches for men in 2018? This type of watch offers so much more than they used to, and they’ve also come down in price quite considerably.
Do you remember the days when one of these would set you back over $100. Now you’ll be picking up a great fitness watch for approximately $50 or under.
I’ll show you my favourite 3 fitness watchers on Amazon after this brief buying guide.
Fitness Watch Buyers Guide
Android Fitness Watch or Apple for Features
This is like the old Ford v Holden discussion of the 1980’s. Both are great but most people prefer one over the other. Myself, I used to be an Android person but after delaying the inevitable, I’ve finally converted to the Apple model.
Be careful when choosing a smartwatch fitness watch as you’ll probably intend it to sync with your smartphone. Apple smart watches will only sync with Apple smartphones whilst Many android options can sync with both.
Useful Features for Your Activity
You want to make sure that the fitness watch you decide on does exactly what you expect it to do, including syncing to your favourite smartphone.
As far as features go, depending on your activities you’ll have various things to contemplate. For instance, if you’re a bike rider, you want to consider a GPS feature. If you’re a swimmer then a water resistant watch would be your preference.
Some of these fitness trackers also feature heart rate monitors or calorie counters. It depends entirely on your circumstance and what you intended using it for.
Here’s my top 3 fitness watches for men over at Amazon. Just so that you know, there are some fitness tracker watches on Amazon that have fake reviews. I’ve scanned these products through a fake review analyser for genuine authenticity.
#1 - Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
- Stores up to 300 Songs
- 15+ Exercise Modes
- GPS integration
- NFC Technology
- Needs more dedicated FitbitOS apps
You’ll benefit from all these features that come in-built into this fitness watch:
- Storage space for up to 300 songs. Music has become a large part of our daily fitness activities so facilitating this amount of storage into a watch is clever.
- You’ll find it has 15+ exercise modes which can record workouts and connect to your smartphone GPS.
- There’s even NFC technology built into this watch, so you won’t have to carry your wallet around when going for a jog. Simply use your watch to make payments.
- It comes wit a 24/7 heart rate, activity & sleep tracking monitor.
Combine this with smartphone app notifications, text, calendar alerts and calling, and you’ve got the perfect fitness smartwatch.
#2 - Willful Fitness Tracker
- Step/calorie/sleep tracker
- iPhone Connection
- Heart-Rate Monitor
- Water proof to 1m
- Instructions don’t come in English!
Here’s some of the features you’ll enjoy:
- I love that this watch is waterproof as opposed to water resistant. Having said that, it’s rated IP67 which basically means it can be safely submerged in 1m of water for up to half an hour. Which means you can shower, swim or even drop your smart fitness watch in a river and find it 20 minutes later in fully working order.
- You’ll benefit from the step/calorie/sleep tracking counter which keeps your sleeping pattern on track.
- Place the smartwatch of cycling mode to check your burned calories when on your bike.
- Add in the Heart Rate Monitor and Sedentary Reminder and you’re starting to understand the great features that come at such a low price.
- Of course you’ll still get the Time/Date Display, Vibration Alarm Clock and apps including WebChat/Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp/Line/Instagram/Messenger.
You can also use your phone as a music remote, camera remote or to find your phone.
With the option to link this to an Apple iPhone, it’s one ripper of a fitness watch for men.
#3 - Garmin Forerunner 35 Watch
- High Level Display
- Vibration Alerts
- Running Metrics
- Multi Connection Features
With an in-built GPS to track how far you’ve travelled, it has a water rating of 5ATM meaning you can use it for general water usage like swimming, non-deep snorkelling or showering. Here’s the other features that make this such a great watch:
- It features a new high level display which can be easily viewed indoors or out.
- You can sync this fitness smartwatch to iPhone or Android. Garmin connect mobile is also available for connection.
- You’ll appreciate the vibration alerts which notify you of incoming communications.
- The running metrics can monitor your fitness progress including calories and speed.
Of course you’ll be able to pull texts, social media and other alerts. It’s one of the best fitness smartwatches for men in the beginner/intermediate level of fitness.
With 663 customers offering a 4/5 rating, it’s up there as the best for this price range. For more specifications or to read the reviews, click on the ‘Check it Out’ button.
Depending on your usage for a fitness watch, there’s no need to go all out and pay the earth for a watch where you’ll only use a few of the features. Some of these cheaper options have most, if not all of the features you’ll require.
Best of luck with you’re decision.
If you’d like to share your favorite with us, please feel free to add to the discussion below.